Principal’s Easter Message: Week of May 22, 2016
Last Week of School
Week of the Holy Trinity
An alleged successful hydrogen bomb test...lead-infused drinking water...pre-civil-rights-movement racial divide...terrorism on the homeland and abroad — it's an exercise in courage to merely turn on the TV, listen to the radio or access the news app on our smart phones!
In a world divided by war, race, politics and suffering, Christians of different cultures and backgrounds are called to build unity in love, just as the Trinity is a unified diversity of three Persons. One God in three persons–Father, Son and Holy Spirit–delivers Creation, Redemption and Transformation, respectively. One God omnipotent, omnipresent, eternal and unchanging, but with three unique functions. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal in their divine characteristics, but each relates to humankind differently. Diverse yet unified.
How can we keep our wits about us when bombarded daily by profound human suffering and global destruction? The enemy of our souls uses instruments of war. We can use instruments of peace, the greatest of which is faith. Justified by faith, we have peace with God as His children.
While we may live in uncertain days, we can live meaningfully, in unity, because peace and hope invariably have a companion, and that companion is joy.
And, speaking of joy, our 8th graders are on retreat this Monday with Father Ramon and then will be attending the Awards Ceremony and Luncheon on Thursday followed by the Baccalaureate Mass & Promotion Exercise that evening! On Tuesday evening, our Pre-Schoolers shall be graduating at 5:45 p.m. and the last day of school is Friday which is also Field Day and Report Cards are sent out.
Reminder that we are taking registration for next school year and if you refer a family that comes to St. Luke’s School, you will receive $500 off next year’s tuition! You may share with them the following:
Why an Education at St. Luke Catholic Elementary School?
Choosing a school for our children is an important decision that has an enormous impact on your child’s future. Not only does St. Luke Catholic Elementary School provide a rigorous academic education, but also teaches important values through the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Here are some of the benefits of the Catholic education children receive at St. Luke’s:
· VALUES AND FAITH – We teach Christian values and require students practice those values in daily life
· SERVICE LEARNING – We offer many service learning projects that instill values of service to others
· STRONG ACADEMICS – We have high academic standards and continual work on improvement and integrating the latest research and technology.
· HIGH PARENT and GUARDIAN INVOLVEMENT – We believe in working as a team with parents and guardians and encourage significant parental involvement
· CARING, NURTURING, AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT – We not only teach Christian values, but require all of our staff and students to practice the values of love and compassion with others.
· COMMITTED EDUCATORS – All our faculty and staff continually work on both academic and Catholic development in their own teaching.
· A GOOD INVESTMENT – We work hard at keeping tuition low through maximizing fundraising. We also have significant financial aid options.
· ACCESSIBLE – Our enrollment is open to all students regardless of faith, and yes, tuition assistance is available for non-Catholic families as well.
Have a blessed summer!!